PLAN-B: AN ECONOMICAL WAY TO MANAGE THE DIFFICULT SHADE MATCH
Audience: This course was created for doctors and dental assistants.
Conventional shade matching protocols involve intraoral photographs taken with porcelain tabs held in the patient’s mouth adjacent to natural dentition or restorations. Frequently, however, the limits of shade tabs are exposed when the teeth that need to be emulated possess color variations and intrinsic properties not covered by the range of the currently available shade guides. This presentation will demonstrate predictable and economical methods to easily communicate with the dental laboratory utilizing light-cured, stain and glaze applications as well as custom shade tabs for fixed and removable restorations. These techniques and protocols will serve the clinician in decreasing costly remakes and improving the overall patient experience.
• Review many of the current shortcomings that exist with shade communication between clinician and technician.
• Establish the parameters of staining and glazing custom shade tabs, provisional crowns, interim single-unit removable prosthetics, and dental photography that aid in the delivery of well-matched ceramic and acrylic restorations.
• Develop a case-specific armamentarium based on individual patient treatment needs.
• Apply course concepts and techniques to current patient base.
This course will not be recorded or shared for On-Demand viewing.
- Course Details: 1 Live Lecture CE Credit - Subject Code 250 - No Prerequisites
Dr. Miles Cone
Dr. Miles R. Cone is a graduate of Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, and completed a three year Prosthodontic residency program while serving in the United States Army before being honorably discharged as a field grade officer in the rank of Major. In addition to achieving board certification and diplomate status within his specialty, Dr. Cone has also successfully challenged all the requirements necessary to earn his designation as a Certified Dental Technician. Currently, Dr. Cone’s career in civilian life revolves around his dual role as the owner of Nuance Dental Specialists, a private practice dental clinic limited to prosthetic dentistry in the heart of Portland, ME, and his role as Editor in Chief of the American College of Prosthodontists quarterly Publication, The Messenger. When Dr. Cone is not at the chair, in the classroom teaching, or at the lab bench, he can be found lecturing on the international circuit, publishing extensively in peer-reviewed journals, and serving as a Key Opinion Leader for GC America, Amann Girrbach, Smile Line, VP Innovato Holdings, BISCO Dental, Owl Bracket, Garrison Dental Solutions, Kettenbach Dental, SDI, Zest Dental Solutions, Keystone Implants, Pascal International, and Catapult Education.