Pain Management and Opioid Awareness in Dentistry: Strategies for Dentists and Hygienists
This course is offered in a virtual, live webinar format. Participants must attend the live course during the scheduled date and time. This course is not going to be recorded or shared for on-demand viewing. Seats are limited.
Tuition is priced per person, not per office. Connect Members receive 50% off tuition which will automatically be applied at checkout.
This course is designed to educate dentists and dental hygienists on current principles and techniques for the management of pain. Topics covered include:
- – Definition of pain
- – Types of pain
- – Physiology of pain
- – Oral facial pain disorders
- – Drugs used to manage pain
- – Pain management techniques
- – Local anesthetics
- – Trigger point injections
- – Oral appliances
- – Non-traditional techniques
- – Opioid awareness and the opioid crisis
- – Post-operative pain strategies
- – Tools to control fear and anxiety
- – Ergonomics
- – New products to manage pain and sensitivity
This course was created to meet the state requirements for Pain Management & Opioid Awareness training for license renewal.
- Course Details: 3 Lecture CE Credits, AGD Subject Code: 340, Course Code: MEC 10292021
Karson Carpenter DDS
Karson L. Carpenter is a practicing dentist who serves as President of Compliance Training Partners. He is an OSHA approved trainer who has for over 25 years designed educational programs to bring dental, medical and veterinary facilities into compliance with the governmental regulations that affect them in the areas of OSHA, HIPAA and infection control. His experience includes guiding numerous clients across the United States through OSHA and HIPAA inspections as well as the critical post-inspection process.