KEEP IT CLEAN: DENTAL UNIT WATER LINE TREATMENT & MONITORING
Audience: This course was created for doctors, hygienists and dental assistants.
Are you confident your practice is compliant with the guidelines and recommendations from the CDC and EPA for safe clean dental treatment water? What are the best options to mitigate the risk from exposure to contaminated water and aerosols for patients and staff in your practice?
Providing clean, safe dental water is critical to implementing and maintaining an effective and ethical infection control program. This program will address compliance with current guidelines related to microbiological water standards and protocol recommendations for best treatment and monitoring of DUWL protocols to ensure patient and clinician safety.
Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
• Discuss factors contributing to the problem of microbiological contamination in dental unit waterlines and maintenance protocols critical for controlling microbial growth
• Discuss various treatments, monitoring, and shocking protocols to achieve dental unit waterline quality that will meet CDC/ADA recommendations
• Recognize the exposure risks of bioaerosols and contaminated splatter
• Recognize the importance of compliance with manufacturer IFUs for product performance and patient safety
• Create a written DUWL protocol which includes a monitoring schedule
This course is sponsored by:
- Course Details: 1 Live Lecture CE Credit - Subject Code 148 - No Prerequisites
With over 20 years of academic and directorial experience, Leann Keefer has gained a reputation as a trailblazer and international speaker in the arena of infection prevention. In her role as Director of Clinical Services and Education for Crosstex International, Ms. Keefer proactively identifies trends in the fields of healthcare and infection prevention, developing and implementing the company’s long-term strategies relating to education and professional relations. Leann received her degree in Dental Hygiene as well as her Bachelors of Science Degree in Education from Indiana University; she was awarded her Master’s Degree in Business Management from Indiana Wesleyan University.
Leann was appointed to the OSAP Association Board of Directors in 2012 and serves on various foundation and publication boards in the USA and Canada; she was a site visitor for the ADA Commission on Dental Accreditation. Most recently, Leann was honored by Dimensions of Dental Hygiene as one of the 6 Dental Hygienists You Want to Know in 2017.