HIPAA Compliance Made Easy for Dentistry
This course is offered in a virtual, live webinar format. Participants must attend the live course during the scheduled date and time. This course is not going to be recorded or shared for on-demand viewing. Seats are limited.
Tuition is priced per person, not per office. Connect Members receive 50% off tuition which will be automatically applied at check out.
This course is for all members of the dental team and is designed to educate participants on the requirements for HIPAA compliance in their facilities. Included will be the following:
- – Review components of the Privacy Standard
- – Review responsibilities under the Security Standard
- – Define Protected Health Information (PHI) and how to safeguard it
- – Understand required hardware/software components
- – Review the assignment of responsibilities
- – Understand required forms and documentation
- – Understand how to conduct a risk assessment
- – Review business associate responsibilities
- – Understand security risks and how to mitigate them
- – Define a security breach and know when/how it must be reported
- – Be aware of steps to take in the event of a HIPAA inspection
- – Understand your options if you receive a HIPAA citation and fine
In addition, attendees will learn about the use of consent forms, authorization forms and business associate agreements.
- Course Details: 2 Lecture CE Credits, AGD Subject Code: 566, Course Code: MEC 09242021
Karson Carpenter DDS
Karson L. Carpenter is a practicing dentist who serves as President of Compliance Training Partners. He is an OSHA approved trainer who has for over 25 years designed educational programs to bring dental, medical and veterinary facilities into compliance with the governmental regulations that affect them in the areas of OSHA, HIPAA and infection control. His experience includes guiding numerous clients across the United States through OSHA and HIPAA inspections as well as the critical post-inspection process.