The ongoing advancement of new procedures and technology within the dental profession continues to grow at an accelerated rate. The comprehensive volume of information that must be maintained to remain competent in the respective fields of study as a dentist or a dental technician, therefore, becomes increasingly difficult to sustain. Although an exhaustive knowledge base for either specialty is simply not possible, numerous overlapping philosophies and techniques have been recognized that are able to improve the daily workflow of the restorative clinician. Join this fast-paced course to ramp up your knowledge quickly!
- Review dogmatic principles found in the field of contemporary prosthetic dentistry and the alternative options that exist for each.
- Analyze many of the current materials available to the ceramist and dental professional that can be utilized in the restoration of implants, fixed crown and bridge, and removable prosthetic treatment plans.
- Determine the chairside/benchtop protocols that will ensure the highest efficacy as well as quality final product at delivery.
- Apply new concepts and techniques with the dental clinic and dental laboratory.
- Summarize the immediate applications of smartphone photography/videography within the operatory and dental laboratory.
- Apply new concepts and techniques to improve the efficiency of current smartphone practices for intraoral/extraoral dental photography.
Connect members receive 50% off tuition to this course which is automatically applied at check out.
5 Lecture CE Credits | AGD Subject Code: 250 | Management Code: MEC09102021
Midway Education Center Chicago
185 Hansen Court Suite #110, Wood Dale, IL 60191
Friday, September 10, 2021
(In Central Time)
- 8:30am – 9:00am
Breakfast & Registration
Arrive early to check in for the course and grab some breakfast before we get started with the education for the day.
- 9:00am – 12:00pm
Attendees will be given breaks throughout the morning.
Speaker: Dr. Miles Cone
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Individually packaged lunches and refreshments will be provided for attendees.
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Attendees will be given breaks throughout the afternoon. CE Certificates will be distributed at the conclusion of the course.
Speaker: Dr. Miles Cone
Miles Cone, DMD, CDT, FACP
Dr. Miles R. Cone is a graduate of Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, and completed a three-year Prosthodontic residency program while serving in the United States Army before being honorably discharged as a field grade officer in the rank of Major. In addition to achieving board certification and diplomate status within his specialty, Dr. Cone has also successfully challenged all the requirements necessary to earn his designation as a Certified Dental Technician. Currently, Dr. Cone’s career in civilian life revolves around his dual role as the owner of Nuance Dental Specialists, a private practice dental clinic limited to prosthetic dentistry in the heart of Portland, ME, and his role as Editor in Chief of the American College of Prosthodontists quarterly publication, The Messenger. He is also a member of Catapult Educations speakers bureau and evaluates new products for numerous dental manufacturers. When Dr. Cone is not at the chair, in the classroom teaching, or at the lab bench, he can be found lecturing on the international circuit and publishing extensively in peer-reviewed journals.